This post is a guest post from my amazing husband Curt. Make it a great day!
So I saw this post my wife made yesterday and I wanted to comment on it. A couple of things came to mind. Number one is I see this “Unhappiness” happening in too many people today. At the bottom of this post you will see a list. I will be the first too admit that I have struggled with it and still do at times but have learned the #1 key to snapping out of it very quickly. Here it is and I encourage you to take action on this as soon as your done reading this post. This could be the one thing that changes your life. So here is how to conquer “Unhappiness”, and any of the examples you see on the example below.
The is to “Get Grateful”, see we always get more of what we focus on. If we focus on being broke, we will just be more broke. If we complain about something, we will just get more of what we are complaining about. When we Get Grateful we begin to focus on the good things that we have going on in our lives, and that begins to bring even more good things. So the key I have found to getting Grateful is to create a Top 10 Grateful List. Write it on a index card and laminate it, carry it with you, or put at your desk at work, or in your car, or tape it to the inside of your bible or journal, where ever you will have access to it. When you focus on this list your focus will immediately begin to shift from unhappiness to “Joy” and the feeling of Love, two of the most powerful drugs ever invented, that will make you feel amazing. I thought I would share with you just a few of my list just to give you an example, to help you get started.
My Top 10 Grateful List
1. I have a Savior in Jesus that died on the cross for my sins, and b/c of his sacrifice, and his only, I have been forgiven for my sins, and can focus on living an abundant life here on earth, led by the Holy Spirit ( The very presence of God) who produces Joy, Peace, and Love so that I can live a fruitful life here on earth, and then spend eternity in Heaven.
2. I am grateful that I have a wife, who is loves Jesus, has an amazing Spirit, and who pushes me everyday to be my best. She is a great loving mother, a great leader, and everyday she pushes herself to become the best for God she can be.
3. I am grateful that all 4 of my kids are in great health, they have awesome personality’s, and I get to live out my dream of being a Dad, coaching baseball, and having the opportunity to build them in to great Adults to be a force for good in this world.
4. I am grateful that everyday I wake up, I have the power to choose what kind of day I am going to have based on my attitude, sitting in awe of things like, the amazing body that God has given me, with a heart that beats 100,000 times a day and I don’t have to tell it to, or the oxygen that I breathe in everyday supplies my body and brain all that it needs to function, and the food that I get to eat daily that many times we take for granted, not thinking that over 21,000 people in the world today will die because of a hunger related causes. That is 1 every 4 seconds by the way.
5. I am grateful for the amazing people I have in my life, the mentors, the people who have shared their successes and failures in books, so that I could read them and learn from them, and better myself and my family. The people in our church who have always been there for my wife and I over the years when we needed it the most. The business we have been blessed with that allows us so much time freedom and a great income. The beautiful home we have that even when are air went out and it was 85 in the house for 3 days, it still beat waking up in a cardboard box or under a bridge. Okay so that was like 5 in 1 there but you get what i’m saying. The fact is if I really wanted to spend the time I could probably go on and list about 100 other things from the clothes that I have to where, etc. My point is “Unhappiness” is a choice and God has given us to choose “Joy” instead. Don’t let the enemy control you anymore and miss out on the beautiful life that is right in front of you. Decide to be happy to today. Decide to be Joyful. Its all about perspective and what we focus on. You have heard me share the story about the man who always complained that he never had any nice shoes to wear, until he met a man who had no feet. Its our choice to focus on the things that will give us Joy in this life. So don’t just read this post and go on about your day. Take 5 or 10 minutes and right out 10 things you are Grateful for. It doesn’t have to be as long as mine. It can be one word like my kids, my car, my church, whatever it is just do it. We have all been created for greatness and it is time that we stop holding ourselves back because of what we focus on. So no more unhappiness, I challenge you to choose “JOY” and get Grateful everyday!
God Bless !